Accused Of Violating The Terms Of Your Probation In Iowa?

When your criminal sentence is “suspended” (e.g., with no jail or prison term), you are placed on probation, giving you an opportunity to demonstrate that rehabilitation can take place within the community.

Any violation of the rules of probation in Iowa can result in a report being filed by the probation officer and a hearing being scheduled. If a judge decides that you have violated the terms or conditions of your probation, the judge can revoke your probation and impose a jail or prison sentence.

An attorney can contact your probation officer and the county attorney to discuss your case, respond to violation allegations and negotiate to keep your probation from being revoked. If the issue can’t be resolved through negotiation, a lawyer can still argue on your behalf at the hearing.

Extensive Experience Handling Probation And Parole Violations

I am criminal defense lawyer Michael Culp in Des Moines. I have extensive experience working with probation and parole violation issues. I can fight to help keep you on probation or parole by addressing any of the following:

  • Curfew issues
  • Drug issues
  • Failure to attend community service
  • Failure to attend classes
  • Failure to pay fines and costs
  • New laws

Ready To Fight. Schedule A Consult.

If you or a loved one is accused of violating a probational term, reach out to me for guidance. I can look at all variables involved and advocate for your interests.

Call 515-288-3333 or email my office.

Free consultations are provided. Evening and weekend appointments are available.