Accused Of Violating The Terms Of Your Probation?

When someone’s criminal sentence is “suspended,” (e.g., with no jail or prison term) he or she is placed on probation, giving him or her an opportunity to demonstrate that rehabilitation can take place within the community.

Any violation of the rules of probation in Iowa can result in a report being filed by the probation officer and a hearing being scheduled. If a judge decides that you have violated the terms or conditions of your probation, he or she can revoke your probation and impose a jail or prison sentence.

An attorney can contact your probation officer and the county attorney to discuss your case, respond to violation allegations and negotiate to keep your probation from being revoked. If the issue can’t be resolved through negotiation, a lawyer can still argue on your behalf at the hearing.

Probation And Parole Violations

At Culp Law Office P.L.C., our criminal law attorney has extensive experience working with probation and parole violation issues and can help keep you on probation or parole by addressing any of the following:

  • Curfew issues
  • Drug issues
  • Failure to attend community service
  • Failure to attend classes
  • Failure to pay fines and costs
  • New laws

We Are Ready To Fight For You

If you or a loved one is in this situation, we encourage you to reach out. We are able to look at all variables involved in a probation violation and make the strongest argument to keep you on probation.

To discuss any aspect of noncompliance with a probation condition with one of our Des Moines probation violation attorneys, call 515-288-3333 or email the firm.